Thursday, July 5, 2012

Professional Development Anyone??

Hello. Hello, friends!! I hope everyone had a magical Fourth of July! We had a blast watching the fireworks on a picnic blanket outside. Sweet Ian was terrified of the loud bangs from the fireworks, but overall LOVED the light show. The only little problem was that it was deathly HOT outside. I was practically bathing in my own sweat! Okay, okay too much information. 


Look at that sweet baby... uh, I love that man so very much! Well, moving on. July is here and that leaves me with a month and two weeks to get ready for school! Oh my word, where do I begin!? One area that I feel like I NEED to improve in is my understanding for writing in kindergarten. Like I said friends, I do not have experience in kindergarten. This is a whole new word to me. Well, I was lucky enough to attend a fabulous writing workshop that targeted K-2 teachers. Amazing!! This workshop was very beneficial AND.... wait or it.... they me some free books!! I know right!? I LOVE me some free stuff. Well, the book they gave us is called Talking, Drawing, Writing Lessons for Our Youngest Writers. Y'all this book is wonderful. They give awesome first day lessons on the writing workshop, and YES it is the writing workshop even though we may not be using that vocabulary for the first days. 


This is a MUST read for youK-2 teachers. This is a great resource. I hope to talk to y'all real soon. I am working on some goodies to hand out :D Have a Terrific Thursday!

3 comments:

Fun Games 4 Learning said...

Hi Bridget,
Your blog is so bright and colorful. Diana designed my blog too! Am so glad that I found you and I am giving you the One Lovely Blog Award. :) Come by and see.
Teresa

Heather's Heart said...

I love that book!

Your blog is adorable. Isn't Diana awesome???

I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. You can read about ready confetti and jitter glitter. =)


Heather
Heather's Heart

Post a Comment